The word crystal comes from the Greek word for ice, because crystals were thought to be frozen water. Crystals have been used for centuries by many cultures for their beautiful appearances. But crystals are more than just pretty rocks.
They are also believed to have special powers, including the ability to balance the chakras. The chakras are the seven energy centres in the body, each of which corresponds to a different physical, emotional, or spiritual level of well-being. When one or more of the chakras becomes imbalanced, it can lead to physical and emotional problems. Crystal therapy is a popular method of chakra balancing that involves placing crystals on specific areas of the body. The crystals are thought to interact with the body’s energy field, helping to restore balance and harmony. Many people believe that crystals can help them achieve a sense of well-being. Crystal stone facials are not just simply a facial but also many clients experience energy and chakra alignment during the treatment, experiencing a spiritual reset at the same time.
Keep reading to learn five reasons why every person should try a crystal stone facial!
- Increased circulation – The warmth of the stones relieves muscle tension as they gently massage your skin, which increases blood flow and brings more oxygen and nutrients to your face. This helps keep your skin looking healthy and radiant. When placed on key points on the body, crystal stones can help to encourage the flow of energy and promote healing.
- Improved lymphatic drainage – There are a variety of crystal stones that are said to help with lymphatic drainage. Kunzite is one such crystal. It is said to help the body to release toxins and to reduce inflammation. Other crystal stones that are said to be helpful for lymphatic drainage include amethyst, jade, and quartz. These stones are said to work by stimulating the flow of lymph fluid and by helping to break up congestion in the lymph nodes. The massaging action also stimulates lymphatic drainage, which helps remove toxins from your skin. This is great for detoxifying and cleansing your complexion.
- Reduction in inflammation – a combination of hot and cold stones are used during a treatment. The cold stones help to reduce inflammation, which can cause puffiness and redness. If you have sensitive skin, this is a great option for you since it will reduce inflammation and calm the skin.
- The minerals in the stones help to restore balance to your skin’s pH levels, which can prevent or correct acne breakouts. Crystals have a remineralising action on the skin.
- The cooling effect of the stones can help to reduce redness and puffiness, especially with the under eye area.
Crystals have been used for centuries for their esoteric and healing properties. Some crystals, such as quartz, are piezoelectric, meaning they generate an electric charge when pressure is applied. This property was first discovered in the 17th century. Crystal stone facials are a natural way to balance your energy fields.